Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Turning over a new leaf...

I'm turning over a new leaf. I have not been quite the blogger I was hoping to be - I am changing that right now! My hope is that I will post daily or a least a few days a week. Here's a run down to get everyone caught up on the major events in the past year:

December 2011: We found out we were expecting a niece! Meghann and Brandon, Michael's sister and her husband, we expecting a baby girl in May!

January 2012: We got to ring in the new year with my parents, Michael's parents, and his Aunt Daina dancing in Rockdale listening to one of our favorite bands, Texas Unlimited Band.

February 2012: I started my first year coaching softball at BHS. Michael starts his track season.

May 2012: We finished our softball season on a disappointing loss to Kennedale 1-0 in extra innings. Michael coached Maci Schulte to a state championship in the 1 mile run. The very next day, Meg gave birth to Ally Kay McDonald on May 12. We also attended Michael's cousin, Randison's, graduation party after graduating from Tarleton. I officially lost 32 pounds since December after adjusting my diet and exercise routine.

Miss Ally Kay

June 2012:  We finally took our trip to the Dominican Republic! It was absolutely breathtaking. My only regret is that we didn't stay longer AND our awful trip getting home - storms in DFW and plane not having enough fuel to circle in air so we were diverted to Houston, delayed in Houston, finally got to DFW only for our shuttle to the hotel not to show up for an hour, rented a taxi (cost $30 just to go 2 miles!!), finally getting on the road just to break down outside of Bluffdale because of a busted water pump, getting a two to Stephenville, and then FINALLY making it to Comanche at 4:30 AM. At the time it was awful, but looking back on it, you can't help but laugh.

Enjoying the Dominican

July 2012: We celebrated 4 years of marriage!

August 2012:  I embarked on my first season as an interim varsity coach for volleyball. What an experience! Michael started his new job with Brownwood as a special education teacher at the MS. No more coaching! I started my 2 years as a coach at the HS. 

October 2012: We hosted our very Halloween party. A good time was had by all. We also went to Oktoberfest - I wish we could live in Fredericksburg. So pretty but so expensive! We started fertility treatments with a new doctor - Dr. Dan Stewart. He is amazing and I pray that God guides him and his decisions for us to have a baby.

December 2012: We got to spend lots of time during the holidays with families and friends. 

January 2013:  Texas A&M had a surprised 11-2 season in the SEC. I got to watch the Cotton Bowl, holed up on my couch because I was sick and enjoying the snow! Michael got a nice 10 pt buck. I tried to shoot my first doe - I clipped her but didn't kill her. We got a day off of school because of 3 inches of snow. Received news from Dr. Stewart that we will have to be referred to a reproductive endocrinologist because he is not getting the results he was hoping to get. Although disappointing, I'm thankful for everything he has done for us and we look forward to the next step in having a baby. I'm thankful that he is just as determined as us to make it happen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment